UNESCO is calling on interested cities to apply for its 2021 Creative Cities Network (UCCN) programme, which seeks to foster international co-operation in cities that invest in culture and creativity as accelerators of sustainable development.
The UCCN programme was created in 2004 to realise the transformative power of culture and creativity in building resilient, sustainable and future-proof cities, thus supporting the implementation of the UN’s 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development at a local level.
Cities from all UNESCO member states and associate members are eligible to apply.
Interested cities must be innovative and strategic with many initiatives that have positive economic, social, cultural and environmental impacts. The initiatives could be from the following creative fields:
- Media Arts
- Crafts and Folk Art
How to apply
The application form must be submitted via email to email@example.com, with the following subject: 2021 Application of [name of the applicant city].
The deadline for applications is 30 June.
Other requirements include:
- A complete list of all the documents included in the application file.
- A formal letter of intention from the mayor of the applicant city presenting the candidature and the support of the municipality.
- A formal letter of support of the candidature from the National Commission for UNESCO of the country in which the city is located.
- Two formal letters of support from active main national professional associations in the creative field concerned.
- Three photos of the applicant city closely related to the creative field concerned (JPEG format and 3MB max).
- The form “Cession of Rights and Register of Photos”, which is annexed to the application form, duly filled for each of the three respective photos.
Note: Before commencing the application process, applicant cities are highly encouraged to go through the video tutorial below:
View the original call here.