MultiChoice Group, through its video entertainment company MultiChoice Africa, is accepting applications for the MultiChoice Talent Factory (MTF) academy class of 2022.
MTF Academy was launched in 2018 as a platform for creatives to learn and develop their talent, engage and connect through shared passions across three touchpoints, including the MTF Academy. It is a social investment initiative aiming to ignite Africa’s creative industries and grow them into vibrant, economic powerhouses.
MultiChoice Africa is after 60 aspiring film and TV creatives to take up space at a year-long and fully funded programme at three academy hubs in Zambia, Kenya and Nigeria. Students will create quality local content that will be broadcast on local M-Net channels on the MultiChoice platform.
The graduates will also get to showcase their portfolio of work on the MTF portal – a database for film professionals across the continent, where they can access job opportunities, keep up to date with industry news, and expand their network.
Graduates from the first edition have gone on to music shows such as Coke Studio in Kenya and Zed Top Ten in Zambia as well as Nigerian TV dramas Battleground, The Johnsons and Tinsel.
Who can apply?
Creatives from the following countries are eligible to apply: Nigeria, Ghana, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, Malawi, Angola and Mozambique.
How to apply
Interested creatives need to:
- Register on the MTF website.
- Correctly and fully complete the online application form.
- Write an online motivation letter.
- Collate and electronically submit a CV with contactable references and/or a certified copy of academic transcripts or certificate from a tertiary institution.
- Provide other documents specified by MultiChoice Africa.
Selected applicants will be expected to:
- Be highly passionate about film and television.
- Be highly engaged and committed to their work in the academy.
- Be highly focused on extracting the maximum value from the opportunities afforded to them.
- Be willing to work at all levels of operation to gain a holistic understanding of a very demanding, highly complex environment.
- Understand that their ongoing participation in the academy depends on having a professional work ethic at all times – in attitude, output and learning.
The application deadline is 30 June.