The Afrique Créative grants programme is seeking eight cultural and creative industry entrepreneurs from eligible countries to participate in its 2021-22 edition.
The programme targets operators who combine both creativity and entrepreneurship to maximise their potential in job creation and economic growth. It seeks to promote the structuring of the cultural and creative ecosystem by boosting development, skill sets and networking.
Interested candidates must be:
- Based in Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Morocco, Uganda, Senegal and Tunisia.
- A cultural and/or creative organisation.
- A private legal entity (company).
- Legally registered with the competent national authorities.
Note: Particular attention will be given to companies owned by women and/or involved in gender equality.
Applicants can request between €30 000 ($36 371) and €50 000 to support the organisations’ development to maximise their impact locally, nationally and internationally, by training, supporting and creating networking businesses.
The selection process will take place in two phases:
- Pre-selection based on the evaluation of applications (see criteria and modality below) and participation in a pre-incubation phase for 15-18 entrepreneurs for three months.
- Selection based on an oral presentation (pitch) and participation in the incubation and acceleration phases of the programme for eight entrepreneurs.
Applicants will be vetted based on the following criteria:
- Positioning and contributions to the cultural and creative sector.
- Social and environmental impact and contribution to sustainable development objectives.
- Maturity of the organisation and management capacity.
- Potential of the business model and strategy for scaling up.
- The usefulness of the Afrique Créative programme and development potential.
- A detailed budget with the estimated expenses in euros.
- Evolution of the project structure.
- A signed declaration on applicable national regulations and international conventions.
- A signed letter of commitment to participate in the whole programme.
- Images/videos presenting the product or service.
- A copy of the official publication of the statutes and registration documents.
- Financial statements for the last two years (audited accounts when possible).
- A detailed CV of the project leader.
How to apply
The application deadline is 23 May.
For more information, interested participants may send an email to email@example.com